It’s camping season, but if you want to enjoy the taste of outdoor cooking from the inside out, this chili recipe is perfect for you.
Debi Morgan, creator of Southern food blog QuicheMyGrits, shared her âCampfire Chiliâ recipe with Fox News.
She explained that she made a recipe when her family wanted to go on vacation, but really couldn’t go anywhere.
CAMPFIRE corn will be your new “YUMMY SUMMER TIME TRADITION”
âIf you want to go camping without leaving home, make a campfire chili,â Morgan told Fox. “This recipe is rich and smoky and tastes like it has been cooked for hours on a campfire.”
In fact, Morgan’s recipes are so delicious that she’s won awards in local competitions, according to her blog post.
Here’s a Campfire Chili Quiche My Grits recipe to try.
The mouth-watering pretzel fried chicken recipe is the perfect summer picnic dish
1 lb ground turkey or beef
1 packet of dry chili seasoning
1 canned tomato
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 small sweet onion, diced
cup of chopped fresh cilantro
2 tbsp liquid smoke
1 cup of ketchup
1 (15 oz) cans of chili beans, no drainage
1 can (15 oz) black beans, no drainage
1 cup finely chopped cheddar cheese
Â½ cup sour cream
Fresh or dried cilantro for garnish
Click here to get the Fox News app
1. Brown turkey or beef in a Dutch oven or large skillet.
2. Sprinkle the pepper seasoning over the meat and mix well.
3. Add the cooked tomatoes, garlic, onions, cilantro, liquid smoke and ketchup.
4. Add the beans to the pepper and the black beans.
5. Mix well and cover. Boil over low heat for at least 1 hour, stirring frequently to avoid scorching. If the pepper becomes too thick, add a small amount of water.
6. For decoration, a bowl of chili with grated cheddar cheese, sour cream and chopped cilantro.
Click here to subscribe to the Lifestyle newsletter
The ‘rich and smoky’ Chili Campfire brings an exterior flavor to the kitchen. Try the recipe
Source link “Rich and Smoky” Campfire Chili brings an exterior flavor to cooking. Try the recipe